I can remember before the silicone sponge came out, instagram people have been covering their beauty blenders with nylons, a few even used condoms, all in a bid to prevent the beauty blenders from getting dirty or rather to avoid washing them.
And I’m guessing that was the birth of the silicone sponge. I can also remember the first time I saw someone use this silisponge on instagram, I was like *ehn this pipo haf come again*.
With all the hype and noise about it, I had to buy one. The initial plan was to retail, but I got one for myself to see if the hype was worth it, or just another wasteful innovation.
The inner material is made from silicone and the outer shell is thermoplastic polyurethane (TPU)—a flexible plastic that’s resistant to oil and grease. The idea is to reduce product wastage especially during foundation application.
What Budget Bella Thinks both Pros and Cons
• It is not really a sponge as it doesn’t soak up liquid, but a small pad made of silicon, made to reduce product wastage.
• I spend more time using it initially, than my stippling brush or beauty blender.. (I don’t know if it’s a me thingy or not). But after three usage it got a bit better
• It is best for personal use only. I tried using it on a client and it was a NO NO for me. I thought I was the only one till I confirmed from two other beauty lovers/makeup artist.
• Its actually easy to use. But for best results apply foundation on your face first then tap in with the silicone sponge.
• It’s very hygienic, safe to use and easy to clean. I use my wipes and sanitizer to clean.
• It is super cheap compared to blenders and brushes.
• On few occasions I still tap in my beauty blender for a perfect finish.
Would I repurchase???? Naaaa… I think this one I got would last me forever 😁😁.
Has anyone used the silicone sponge?
Please kindly share your thoughts on it in the comment section down below. 👇
Do have a terrific Tuesday ahead. 💋💋